3 ways to reduce friction in your team
Our work-life is like a fast-moving sports game these days – we’re constantly adjusting, swerving, and switching to stay competitive.
Like all sports teams, there are moments of friction where things feel sticky, lumpy – just plain wrong.
The key reasons for these frictionful moments are usually because:
• You’ve incorrectly read the play and you’re using the wrong tactics to respond
• You’re doing something you’re not ideally suited to and perhaps should be looking to pass the ball
• You’ve stopped communicating and no-one knows what your plan is
Work is often the same;
• we misdiagnose the problem we face,
• apply the wrong tactics,
• put the wrong person into the space, or
• forget to signal possible moves as we’re running up the pitch
Reducing these moments of friction across the team creates a smoother state; it enables your team to move faster and helps them handle the environment – or competition – with greater confidence.
>>Have your say: How else do you reduce friction in your team?
PS here are 3 ways I help:
• Time to start doing business differently? – leadership mindset Coach & change Facilitator
• Mentoring HumanResources leaders to develop their strategic capability
• Advisor for Talent Industry Suppliers