5 Tips to stop feeling overwhelmed
Ever felt like you can’t see the wood for the trees?
Ask any leader today and they’ll tell you they’ve been overwhelmed.
It might be workload, complexity, ambiguity, changeability, conflicting demands, fear of the unknown – or because we’re under the weather!
The effect can be paralysing, demoralising and downright depressing.
Here are 5 top tips to fight off overwhelm:
1. Take a long term view: Put your setbacks into perspective, whatever it is – it will pass.
2. But set short term goals: 30-day goals are relatable and achievable, leading to action, reinforcing a sense of achievement.
3. Turn uncertainty into decisiveness: waiting to be sure often outweighs the benefit of moving forward.
4. Clarify the ‘what’: being specific on what outcomes are being sought in every task. What are we looking to achieve in this day / this meeting?
5. Clarify the ‘why’: check that the problem you’re solving is still a problem that needs to be solved. Don’t get lost in doing the work.
>>Have your say here or on LinkedIn what tactics do you use to fight off overwhelm?
PS here are 4 ways that I can help you start ‘doing business differently’:
• Leadership Confidence Coach
• Change Facilitator
• Talent Industry Advisor
• Human Resources Mentor