Only the second day back to work for me, and I’m definitely feeling the post-holiday blahs! Not post-holiday blue, just blah. It is WAY harder than I expected to be getting up earlier, going back to personal training, being more disciplined around the house and (even harder) disciplined in my brain – OMG, where did all my motivation go?! 😒 Blah! 😒
Never fear – I’ll be deploying post-holiday first-aid immediately.
Here are my favourite 5 remedies:
- Get into a routine again, even if its just sleep and wake times to start with
- Plan something holiday-like this weekend so I get my Friday feeling early
- Make short term goals – mine are daily until I’m back in my rhythm
- Take brain-breaks – stop every 90 mins to reset the brain and regain focus
- Eat the frog – I’ll do the hard stuff first, before fatigue makes me put it off!
>>What’s your favourite remedy to kick-start your brain and avoid the blahs?
If you’re looking to start doing business differently this year, here’s how I can help: –
- Change Facilitator & Change Mindset Coach
- HR Mentor & Thought Partner