What will move the dial on Talent in 2020?
Mercer’s 2019 Talent Trends study shows that 97% of executives expect to see increased competition for talent over the next 12 months and 52% already see the length of time it takes to find and hire new talent as their biggest people-related challenge.
As a result, the Harvard Business Review tells us that 30%+ CEOs/HR & Mktg execs are looking to build their global employer brand by 2020.
Are we barking up the wrong tree? Are we treating the symptom rather than the cause? Is EB/EVP being viewed as a silver bullet?
Should we be:
– Redesigning roles to better suit the market (truly redesigning them, not tweaking them)
– Improving our workforce planning so we know if we need to improve our brand (hire more), our experience (retain more) or our capability (build more).
>>Have your say! What’s the biggest lever for moving the dial for Talent in 2020?
PS here are 3 ways I can help you:
• Mentoring Human Resources leaders to develop strategic capability
• Advisor for Talent Industry Suppliers
• Time to start doing business differently?
– leadership Mindset Coach & change Facilitator